Disclaimer: UPrinting is not affiliated with the author or any of the sites mentioned below. Images and videos found on this page are not owned by UPrinting.com
A trade show can be a great place to promote your products and services to the public. Thousands of people could visit your booth during the event, giving you the opportunity to find new clients, make sales and establish connections. You have the chance to set up a booth and do whatever you like with it, so why not pull out all of the stops and make sure that your booth stands out from the competitors?
Many of the guests at a trade show will not bother to visit every booth. Instead, they will wander through the trade show and only stop at a few booths which interest them. If your booth doesn’t stand out, these people will be unlikely to wander over and have a look.
So how can you make your company booth one of the most popular booths at the trade show? Here are some tips which will help you to create a booth that will catch the attention of trade show attendees.
Social media is becoming one of the most popular ways of promoting your business. It is an effective advertising tool and it can help you to get customers engaged with your company. While you are at the trade show, you can tweet to your followers about what is going on around your booth as well as encouraging them to come and visit you.
• If you use Twitter, don’t forget to add the hashtag of the tradeshow itself as well as relevant hashtags to your niche. Search for other people using the same hashtag and start a conversation with other exhibitors or attendees at the convention.
• Post videos and photos of the trade show on your social media platforms, engaging with people in many different ways.
• Use social media, (such as your Twitter and Facebook page), to send out a special offer- such as the next 10 people who visit your booth will receive a freebie or a discount.
• Be a little bit silly (It if fits with your business). Don’t take yourself too seriously and think about how you can incorporate humour into your trade show booth. If you make guests laugh when they visit your booth, they are sure to remember you.
• Offer free stuff at your trade show booth. Who doesn’t love free stuff? However, try to think beyond the cliché things that everyone else will give away, such as key rings, pencils or notepads. Can you think of a creative and fun object to give away with your logo on it that people will actually want to keep?
• Staff the trade show booth with your friendliest and most outgoing employees. You want someone who will be able to engage people who are walking by with a winning smile and a confident attitude. A trade show booth host who simply sits there and doesn’t acknowledge passers-by will actually make the experience of approaching the booth more awkward.
• Let your booth be hands-on. Trade show guests want to be able to touch your products and try them out, so have quite a few samples out and have your friendliest staff member on hand to show everyone how the product works.
• Hold a draw for a free gift. If you make it quite an impressive item, you will have people flocking to your booth to enter their names in the draw. The extra bonus is that once the draw is over, you will have a huge resource of phone numbers and email addresses for sales follow-up after the trade show.
Trade shows are a great opportunity to show off your business, meet customers and network with others, so keep these tips in mind to attract more people to your trade show booth.
The Art of Small Business is part of UPrinting.com. UPrinting.com offers a wide variety of print products all easily customizable down to the quarter-inch with a unique, industry-acclaimed design tool. Get instant quotes with our one-of-a-kind online calculator. All orders are manually proofed by living, breathing, human beings (remarkable really)! Order your FREE stock sample kit today!